Effective date: 13/07/2020
1. Agreement to Terms
2. Use of Our Services
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that:
- you are not under the age of 16, which is our minimum age to use the Services;
- you are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use the Services;
- you are not already been removed or banned to use the Services by the admins of the Services;
- you will not access the Services through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, web crawler or otherwise to scrape the Services or otherwise copy any data or other content from the Services;
- you will not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose including sending spam, repetitive or misleading messages, or sending, storing or transmitting any viruses, worms or other harmful code via or to the Services or its users;
- you will not interfere with, disrupt or hinder the operation or performance of the Services;
- you will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or its related systems or networks;
- your use of the Services will not violate any applicable law or regulations.
3. Registration and Your Account
You may need to register or open an account (“Account”) in order to use some of our Services. You may also be required to choose a password for your Account during the registration process.
- to provide accurate, current and complete information about you as part of the registration process and keep the information updated;
- to create and possess only one Haloed Account in our Services, which must be in your real name;
- not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself;
- not, or attempt to purchase, sell, rent or give away your Account to another person or entity;
- to be responsible to maintain the security and confidentiality of your password(s) and Account;
- not to share the Account or the login information nor let anyone else access your Account;
- not to do anything that might compromise the security of your Account;
- to be fully responsible for any activities or transactions that occur using your account(s) or password(s), even if you were not aware of them;
- to notify Truffle Technologies immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else accessing or using your account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by us or another party due to someone else using your account or password.;
- to accept that, even though Truffle Technologies takes certain precautions to secure the Services, such precautions do not guarantee that use of the Services is invulnerable to all security breaches, nor do we make any warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of the Services or your Account is protected from all vulnerabilities;
- not to access or use anyone else’s Account at any time.
Truffle Technologies reserves the right to remove or reclaim any Accounts at any time and for any reason that violates our Terms, and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services.
4. License to Our Services and Restrictions
Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms and our any other relevant policies, Truffle Technologies grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and revocable license to access and use the Services and its content for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us and our licensors.
You may not:
- modify, copy, reproduce, create derivative works from any part of the Services;
- distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, transmit, display, perform, publish, or otherwise exploit any part of the Services except as expressly permitted by us;
- decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Services, including its source code and algorithms, or any part relating to the Services except as may be permitted by applicable law or open source license;
- alter or remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from any part of the Services;
- post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information (including others’ personal data) without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
5. Your Content in our Services
Truffle Technologies does not claim ownership of the content, including feedback and suggestions, (“Content”) you provide to us or post, upload, share, input or submit to or through the Services. However, when you provide, post, upload, share, input or submit Content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos, videos and writings), you hereby grant to us and our affiliated companies and our suppliers of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license to use your Content in connection with the operation of our Services, including to host, distribute, modify, run, copy, transmit, publicly display or perform, reproduce, edit, create derivative works, translate, and reformat your Content (e.g. changing the file size or format to better work in our Services). No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Content.
You may post and share Content and information about yourself in our Services (e.g. in forms of profile, messages and posts). Content that you post or share may be seen by other members of our Services or others outside of our Services. You can control some of the information that you want to be displayed and made available in our Services. You can end this license anytime by deleting your Content or Account from the Services. However, your Content may continue to appear if you shared it with others and they have re-shared or stored it, and for the reasonable time it takes to remove your Content from our backups and systems.
We are not obligated to publish any Content on our Services, and we may remove any Content at any time with or without notice.
By posting any Content you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the copyrights and other rights to your Content as described in these Terms including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, share, input or submit the Content. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Content.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
Truffle Technologies reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Unless otherwise indicated, the Services is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, designs, appearance, audio, video, imagery, text, and graphics on the Services (collectively, the “Service Content”) and the names, trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos and other branding contained therein (the “Marks”) being trademarks or registered trademarks of Truffle Technologies, are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and international conventions. Third parties’ trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks and property of their respective owners.
No part of the Services and no Service Content or Marks may be copied, imitated, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose without our prior written permission.
If you buy any of our paid Services, you agree to pay all the applicable fees and taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
Truffle Technologies may revise the pricing for the paid Services at any time. You acknowledge that Truffle Technologies is not required to provide a refund for any reason, and that you will not receive money or other compensation for unused paid Services when an account is closed, whether such closure was voluntary or involuntary.
9. Term and Termination
Without limiting any other provision of these Terms, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion and with or without notice and without liability, limit, suspend, terminate, modify or deny access to and use of the Services, to any person for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms or of any applicable law or regulation.
We may delete any content or information that you post or share on the Services at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion. Truffle Technologies reserves the right to terminate any Account that has been inactive for 180 days.
Truffle Technologies reserves the right, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, to stop offering and/or supporting the Services or any part of the Services, including access to your Account, at any time, at which point your license to use the Services or a part thereof will be automatically terminated.
We may interrupt the operation of the Services or any part of the Services, including access to your Account, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes to the Services, or any part thereof.
If we discontinue the Services or disable or terminate your Account, where reasonably possible, we will give you reasonable advance notice.
We shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to you for any limitation, suspension, termination, interruption or discontinued Services.
You may stop using our Services and delete your Account at any time and for any reason.
When these Terms terminate: (1) you will no longer have the right to use or access the Services as of the date of termination; (2) if you owed us any fees prior to such termination, you will pay those fees immediately; and (3) sections 1 through 3 and 5 through 19, will survive the termination of these Terms for any reason.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
Truffle Technologies and its affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, availability, accuracy or completeness of the Service.
The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your use. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Truffle Technologies disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Services and your use thereof, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of title, accuracy or omission of data or content, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Truffle Technologies does not represent or warrant (a) that you will be able to access or use the Services at the times or locations of your choosing; (b) that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free; (c) that the Services will meet your requirements or expectations; (d) that defects will be corrected; (e) or that the Services are free of viruses or other harmful components. You agree that your use of the Services will be at your sole risk.
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third-party through our Services, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in our Services, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services.
11. Limitations of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Truffle Technologies will not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or other similar damages, including but not limited to loss of revenues, lost profits, loss of data, lost business opportunities, business interruption, lost reputation or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms or your use (or inability to use) any part of the Services, whether based on contract, tort or any other legal theory, even if we have been advised or are otherwise aware of the possibility of such damages.
To the extent not prohibited by law, Truffle Technologies shall not be liable to you for more than the amount you have paid to us to use the Services, if any, in accordance with these Terms during the six (6) months immediately preceding the date on which you first assert the first claim.
In some countries, you might have legal rights as a consumer. Nothing in these Terms shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Truffle Technologies, its affiliates, subsidiaries and our officers, directors, employees, agents or partners and harmless from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, expenses or other losses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party arising out arising out of or in connection with: (1) your use of the Services, (2) your breach or violation of any of these Terms, (3) our use of your Content, or (4) your violation of the rights of any third party.
13. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises between you and Truffle Technologies, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by sending us an email to .
These Terms shall be governed by and defined following the laws of Singapore. You and Truffle Technologies irrevocably consent that the courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms, without regard to conflict of law provisions of any jurisdiction.
You agree that both you and we shall irrevocably submit all disputes related to these Terms or the relationship established by this agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
You agree that we can give any notice to you on the Services or sent electronically to the contact information you provided us (e.g. your email address or mobile number connected with your Account). These notices can include responding to your questions, requests for additional information, and legal notices. Such notice will be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 12 hours after sending it to you.
This Agreement does not give rights to any third parties who are not party to this Agreement. You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our consent. Truffle Technologies may assign these Terms without your consent to: (1) a subsidiary or affiliate; (2) an acquirer of Truffle Technologies’s equity, business or assets; or (3) a successor by merger.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you, Truffle Technologies or any third-party as a result of this Agreement or use of the Services.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and all other provisions of the Terms will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and shall remain in full force and effect.
18. No Waiver
Truffle Technologies’ failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or any future enforcement of that or any other provision.
19. Entire Agreement